Playa Honda is one of the small villages that have grown up along the shores of the Mar Menor. There is a lovely fine sandy beach, a promenade that links it to Mar de Cristal and a small village centre with a selection of bars, cafes and shops. There are stunning views from the beach across to the La Manga Strip. English!
Places of interest & ideas of things to do in Playa Honda
- Beach: long with fine sand.
- Promenade: links into Mar de Cristal.
- Village Centre: a small selection of bars, cafes and shops.
Ideas of places to twin Playa Honda with day or night
- Twin a stop at this small beach front village with any of the other places along the shores of the Mar Menor like Punta Brava with its viewpoint or the larger and busy town of Los Alcazares.
- After a day exploring the nearby Calblanque Regional Park enjoy a well deserved cerveza or vino and tapas whilst looking out over the waters of the Mar Menor.
- Start your day with a coffee stop here then venture into the Sierra Mineras, following our driving route to see the effect that years of mining have had on the landscape and end your day in the hustle and bustle of Cartagena city at the marina.