Cabo de Palos
Cabo de Palos is the most southerly place on the Mar Menor. It is a large village with a quaint marina which has moorings for about 100 small boats, and some excellent restaurants which are renowned for serving a great selection of fresh fish. The rocky coastline is ideal for exploring, and a walk out to the light house is a must! There is also a sandy beach, which joins into the beaches of the La Manga Strip to enjoy.
The Sunday morning market is a busy one with over 100 stalls selling fruit, vegetables, clothes, shoes, bags and home wares as well as several cafes which serve both breakfasts and lunches.
Places of interest & ideas of things to do in Cabo de Palos
- Marina: suitable for small boats only, great selection of fish restaurants.
- Rocky Coastline: excellent for exploring.
- Lighthouse: on rocky cliffs, good for walking around.
- Beach: small and sandy.
- Market: large Sunday morning.
Ideas of places to twin Cabo de Palos with day or night
- Spend a Sunday morning at the lively street market beside the marina in Cabo Palos, enjoy a leisurely lunch at any of the well renowned fish restaurants and then walk along the cliffs to the lighthouse.
- Explore Cabo de Palos as a stop on our Day Out Mar Menor. Combine it with a visit to Los Alcazares and Punta Brava to get a real taste of all the area has to offer.
- Spend the day relaxing on the rural beaches of the Calblanque Regional Park and then head to Cabo de Palos for a late leisurely lunch.