Torre Pacheco is a large inland town which has some unique places of interest to offer everyone. The town centre is relatively spread out, and has a good selection of shops and eateries. The best day to visit is on a Saturday morning when the lively street market adds to the atmosphere. There is a train station which, on a normal weekday has about six trains to the city of Cartagena and Murcia.
There is a charming 9 hole par 3 pitch and putt course situated within the town of Torre Pacheco. It opened in 1989 and is very mature. It is full of character with a couple of water hazards and strategically placed bunkers which offer a fun day for all. There is a small café at the entrance with views over the course.
The IFEPA has been an exhibition centre since the 1990s. It regularly hosts a large selection of exhibitions and events such as the Second Hand Car Fair, the Equimur Horse Show and the International and National Dog Show.
Places of interest & ideas of things to do in Torre Pacheco
- Town Centre: spread out with selection of shops, bars and restaurants.
- Market: medium street market every Saturday morning.
- Golf Course: a charming 9 hole par 3 pitch and putt course
- Train Station: daily trains to the cities of Murcia and Cartagena.
- IFEPA: exhibition centre.
Ideas of places to twin Torre Pacheco with day or night
- Spend a Saturday morning at the lively street market in Torre Pacheco and then take a drive through the surrounding countryside and have lunch at any of the nearby Golf Course Resorts like La Torre or Mar Menor Village Resort.
- Enjoy a morning cup of coffee over looking the town centre golf course close to the train station in Torre Pacheco, then take to train to the city of Murcia or Cartagena and enjoy their many museums and shops.
- Twin a stop at Torre Pacheco with any of the places along the shores of the Mar Menor, like Punta Brava with its viewpoint or the larger and busy town of Los Alcazares.
- Visit the IFEPA when it is hosting an event, there will be enough to entertain you for a whole day!